Sunday, November 23, 2014

Another Christmas Stocking to Welcome My Grandboy, Smith

These days, whenever a new person joins our family,
whether by marriage or birth, I am tasked to knit a Christmas stocking for the new member, unless they already have one they have bonded to. In the case of a birth year, as this one is, I always knit one for the new baby by the time Christmas rolls around.

The first two stockings I knit were for my two oldest children. Their names were embroidered on the tops, as I was not yet skilled enough to knit their names in as I do now. I was stretched to be able to knit the designs in and on at least one, I pulled the yarn too tightly as I carried it behind, and  had to snip the yarns in a few places and tie knots!

I started this stocking yesterday evening and haven't knit on it yet today, but stay tuned as I work on it. My next task? Google some cross stitch Christmas graphs; I try not to repeat the same design again, and so far, I've knit eleven stockings!!

1 comment:

  1. Would it be OK to ask that a pic of Mr. Smith, the intended recipient of said wonderful creation, be posted to this blog? Cuz U-K-W would like that.

    ReplyDelete